This Thai green curry is quick, easy and adaptable – a great healthier alternative to a takeaway!
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 100g plain cream cheese – any type, I use Philadelphia extra light and it works fine
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 100g cooked and peeled King Prawns
- Cook the onion until softened, using FryLight or 1tbsp oil
- Add the curry paste and cook on a low heat for 2-3 minutes
- Beat the cream cheese and milk until smooth
- Add to the pan and heat until the cream cheese has melted
- Add more milk until you get the consistency you want – add it slowly and a small amount at a time, as you can always add more but you can’t take it away!
- At this point, taste the curry and add more curry paste if you need to (depending on your personal preference)
- Add the prawns and cook for 1-2 minutes until they are hot. Don’t cook it for too long as the prawns are already cooked, so will go rubbery if you overcook them!
- Serve the curry with rice of your choice
Tips and Ideas:
- Swap the prawns for chicken to make a Thai green chicken curry
- Add any vegetables you want – green beans, aubergines, baby corn and peppers work well
- Use quorn chicken or just vegetables for a veggie alternative
- Swap the Thai green curry paste for a Thai red curry paste or any curry paste
- Make your own curry paste from scratch
If you liked this recipe, also try out my Thai Green Chicken Curry For One too!