Happy New Year!
Happy New Year to all my readers! Thank you for all your support so far and for continuing to read my blog. All your comments and messages have been so lovely, and it’s made the whole experience even more enjoyable! I’m absolutely loving writing my blog and I have lots of exciting ideas and plans for 2014!
- Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook Series – I’ll be working my way through this cookbook and posting my bakes. I’m particularly looking forward to making their Carrot Cake as it’s a favourite of mine!
- Cheesecake Recipes – so far I’ve only posted two of my cheesecake recipes, but in 2014 I will be sharing more flavours and trying out some new recipes along the way too! First on the agenda is a Butterscotch Pecan Cheesecake
- Spanish Tapas Night – tapas is one of my favourite meals, so I’m planning to cook a Spanish feast one night with all the best tapas dishes! Think Patatas Bravas, Albondigas, Croquetas, Spanish Omelette, Chorizo…
- Homemade Burger Recipe – I absolutely love burgers, but I’ve never tried to make them myself at home before! So next year I have decided to take on this challenge. Have any of you made homemade burgers before? What flavour should I make?
- Lots of Mexican dishes – think enchiladas, fajitas, quesadillas, chilli con carne, nachos…
- Plus as assortment of my favourite recipes that I make, and some new creations too!
Restaurants To Go To:
- The Lost and Found, City Centre – DONE
- The Pickled Piglet, City Centre
- The Bureau, City Centre – DONE
- Adams, City Centre
- Asha’s, City Centre
- Chung Ying Central, City Centre – DONE
- Boston Tea Party, City Centre
- York’s Bakery Cafe, City Centre – DONE
- Bistro 1847, City Centre
- Purnell’s Bistro, City Centre – DONE
- The Warehouse Cafe, City Centre
- The Rose Villa Tavern, Jewellery Quarter – DONE
- The Church Inn, Jewellery Quarter – DONE
- Min Min Noodle Bar, Chinatown – DONE
- Ju Ju’s Cafe, Brindley Place – DONE
- Cafe Opus, Brindley Place – DONE
- The Plough, Harborne – DONE
- Raja Monkey Cafe, Hall Green – DONE
- Simpson’s, Edgbaston – DONE
- Fiesta Del Asado, Edgbaston – DONE
- The Butlers Arms, Sutton Coldfield
Cocktail Bars To Go To:
- Island Bar – DONE
- Ginger’s Bar – DONE
- Malmaison – DONE
- The Rose Villa Tavern – DONE
- The Jekyll and Hyde – DONE
- The Bureau – DONE
- The Balcony
- Pushkar – DONE
Other Foodie Ventures:
- BBC Good Food Show Summer – DONE
- Digbeth Dining Club – DONE
- Moseley Farmer’s Market – DONE
- KERB London – DONE
- Street Feast London – DONE
- Underground Cookery School – DONE
- Borough Market – DONE
- Uyen Luu’s Vietnamese Cooking Class – DONE
- Sabrina Ghayour’s Persian Supper Club
- Foodie Travels – I’m hoping to visit some other cities for foodie weekends…first on my list is London!!
- Cookbook reviews
- More product reviews – of food, drinks and gadgets
Have I missed any exciting Birmingham restaurants and bars off my list that I need to visit?
What other recipes do you want me to make and post in 2014?