When I went to the BBC Good Food Show Blogger’s Meet Up at Brompton Cookery School a few weeks ago, we were all lucky enough to receive a goodie bag each. Within this there were several products from The Garlic Farm – so look out for more recipes using their products soon! I used the Black Garlic Pesto in the bread I made on the day, and I couldn’t wait to crack open at home too as it was honestly the best pesto I’ve ever tasted. It had so much flavour, a wonderful garlicky aroma and was simply delicious!
I really wanted to let the pesto shine in whatever dish I used it in, and so I came up with this simple pasta dish that uses only 4 ingredients! It was so tasty and the pesto worked really well with the juicy prawns. It was also super quick to make as it comes together in the time it takes to cook the pasta; so you have a meal ready in only ten minutes, making it perfect for a midweek meal!
- 150g cooked and peeled King prawns
- 80-100g dried tagliatelle
- 2-3 tbsp The Garlic Farm Black Garlic Pesto – order it online or pick some up at this year’s BBC Good Food Show Summer next month
- Squeeze of lemon juice
1. Add the tagliatelle to a pan of boiling water and cook for 8-10 minutes until al dente
2. Whilst the pasta is cooking add the pesto, prawns and a squeeze of lemon juice to a small pan. Let it simmer gently for 3-4 minutes until it is warmed through
3. Drain the pasta and stir in the pesto sauce, then serve