Since my first trip to one of Birmingham’s local farmer’s markets back in April, I’ve become hooked on them! I love being able to buy and stock up on lots of fresh, local produce, whilst also discovering some new foodie heroes along the way too. And yesterday I headed back to Moseley Farmer’s Market, which takes place on the 4th Saturday of each month. It’s probably my favourite out of the farmer’s markets which I’ve visited so far as there is always so many traders, which is perfect for a foodie like me!
This time round I picked up:
- Toulouse Sausages from Wenlock Edge Farm – I use these in my Sausage Meatballs and Pesto Mash For One recipe and my Toulouse Sausage, Tomato and Garlic Gnocchi For One recipe.
- Shropshire Chorizo from Wenlock Edge Farm – this is seriously the best chorizo I’ve ever eaten! Picking up some of this chorizo is always my main reason for visiting the farmer’s market so that I can use it in my recipes for Oven-Baked Chicken and Chorizo Risotto and Prawn and Chorizo Tagliatelle.
- Lime Mint from Urban Herbs – I can’t wait to use this in some pimms!
- Dill from Urban Herbs – I’m planning to make some fishcakes using this dill later in the week.
- Smoked Salmon Scotch Egg from Staffordshire Scotch Eggs
- Carrot Cake Cupcake from Bake – I spent a while at the Bake stall trying to decide between all of the tempting treats on offer before going for a classic carrot cake, and I’m glad I did as it was so good!
- Elderflower Cordial from Cuffufle Preserves – as well as drinking this, I want to make a summery Peach, Pistachio and Elderflower Crumble with it too!
- Goat’s Cheese from Wobbly Bottom Farm – goat’s cheese is easily my favourite type of cheese, and it was great to learn that it also freezes really well too so ‘ll definitely be doing that from now on.
Also look out for deliciously spicy sauces from Pip’s Hot Sauce, jams and chutneys from Holly & the Ivy, tasty vegetarian food from KusKus Foods, fresh bread and pastries from Hindley’s Bakery, and many more great traders!
Other farmer’s markets worth checking out in Birmingham are:
- King’s Heath Farmer’s Market – 1st Saturday of each month
- Harborne Farmer’s Market – 2nd Saturday of each month
- King’s Norton Farmer’s Market – 2nd Saturday of each month
- Bournville Farmer’s Market – 3rd Saturday of each month
- Mac Food Market – last Sunday of each month