I love making cheesecakes – fact! So this week I decided to try making some mini versions of my Toblerone cheesecake, resulting in these indulgent, individual treats!
Making mini versions of this chocolately treat makes for the perfect Christmas, birthday or dinner party dessert too.
If you can resist how cute they are (personally I can’t, and will be investing in individual cake tins very soon..!), use the same quantities of ingredients as below and a 20cm spring form tin to make a big cheesecake instead.
- 12 cupcake/muffin cases
- 200g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 200g Toblerone Milk chocolate
- 200ml whipping cream, lightly whipped
- 300g cream cheese
- Lay out the cupcake cakes out on baking trays.
- Combine the melted butter and crushed digestives with a spoon. Take a small ball of the mixture and press into the base of a cupcake case, flattening out. Repeat this for all 12, then place them in the fridge to chill whilst you make the topping
- In a bowl soften the cream cheese with a fork, then fold in the whipped cream
- Grate one piece of Toblerone into a small bowl and set aside
- Break the rest of the Toblerone triangles into smaller pieces and place in a bowl. Melt it over a small pan of boiling water – make sure you keep an eye on it to prevent the chocolate burning or the water bubbling over!
- Allow the melted chocolate to cool for a minute, then mix it into the cream cheese/cream mixture using an electric whisk until evenly distributed
- Spoon 1 heaped tbsp of the cheesecake mix onto each base, topping up with any leftover mix, then sprinkle over some grated chocolate
- Leave them to chill in the fridge for at least 1 day (or 2 if you have time!) until chilled and set, then serve